Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet and Salty Salmon

Salmon is my favorite fish to eat so I love to find new recipes that include it.  A friend of mine bought me a Bacon Cookbook and I found, within it, this recipe.  I knew I had to try it!  This was an awesome recipe!  It was super quick and very easy to make.  It was done before I knew it and dinner was ready.  I would add this recipe to the staple recipes that I have.

Sweet and Salty Salmon

Yield: 4 Servings

4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each)
1 Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
4 slices bacon

1.  Preheat over to 350 degrees.  Place wire rack on top of baking sheet.  Place salmon on wire rack; rub half of brown sugar on tops of salmon.
2.  Cut each slice of bacon, crosswise into 2 pieces.  Lay 2 pieces of bacon over brown sugar, overlapping slightly.  Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
3.Bake 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp and salmon begins to flake when tested with a fork.



I did not change anything about this recipe.  The only thing I might do differently is cook the bacon just a bit so that is does get crispy in the oven.  The bacon was cooked but it was not crispy. I really enjoyed this recipe and I will make it again.  It is very lite and a dinner that is different.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment