Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bleu Cheese Chicken Tenders

I got this recipe out of my 300 Calorie cookbook.  Although the name of the recipe sounds unhealthy, it is only 230 calories!  I absolutely love the ingredients in here and the flavor was amazing!  You would think this is too much blue cheese but the way it is made almost leaves you wanting more.  I enjoyed making this and will make it again in the future!

Bleu Cheese Chicken Tenders

Yield: 4 Servings

1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/3 Cup bleu cheese dressing
      Crumbled bleu cheese, if desired
      Toasted walnuts, if desired

1.  In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.  Cook chicken, lemon juice and garlic in oil 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
2.  Stir in dressing. Cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.  Sprinkle with bleu cheese and walnuts, if desired.
  • To toast walnuts, heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread walnuts in ungreased shallow pan.  Bake uncovered 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until light brown.  

I did not add the lemon juice because I did not have any.  I did however, add a bit of orange juice.  I really liked the flavoring.  I would recommend sticking to the recipe though and trying the lemon juice.  I would definitely add the bleu cheese crumbles and walnuts.  The extra bleu cheese crumbles added so much flavor and the walnuts added a great crunch!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment