Sunday, April 1, 2012

Herb-Stuffed Chops

I really enjoy pork chops, especially moist ones.  I thought this would be a great dinner to make that was hearty and filling as well as quick!  I was able to just make this in the morning before work, throw it all in the crock-pot and it was ready when I got home.  The flavor in the stuffing is great and different than your normal turkey stuffing. 

Herb-Stuffed Chops

Yield: 6 servings

3/4 Cup chopped onion
1/4 Cup chopped celery
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Cups day-old bread cubes
1/2 Cup minced fresh parsley
1/3 Cup evaporated milk
1 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
1 1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
6 rib or loin pork chops (1 inch think)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
3/4 Cup white wine or chicken broth

1.  In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.  Add bread cubes, parsley, milk, fennel, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp pepper; toss to coat.  Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing from the fat side almost to the bone.  Spoon about 1/4 Cup stuffing into each pocket.  Combine the remaining salt and pepper; rub over chops.
2.  In a skillet, brown the chops in oil; transfer to a slow cooker.  Pour wine or broth over the chops.  Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat juices run clear.



I made this recipe as is.  I did not change anything and I had a huge problem!  These pork chops would have been even better if they did not get so dry...They did not need to be cooked for 8-9 hours.  I used the chicken broth and ALL the juice was gone by the time I got home from work.  If you make this recipe I would watch it if you are home while cooking it, make sure you add chicken broth or wine as it cooks.  The flavor of the pork and stuffing was great and I would definitely make this again but be careful on cooking time and broth.  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment