Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pizza Roll-Ups

My boyfriend and I went to a birthday party and I decided to bring an appetizer.  I wanted a finger food that people could just grab and eat.  My boyfriend decided on this recipe to try.  They were good even though they did not taste like pizza.  Consensus from the group that was eating them said they tasted more like cheeseburgers.  If I were to make these again, I would change them up a little bit.

Pizza Roll-Ups

Yield: 2 Dozen

1/2 lb. ground beef
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 Cup. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
2 tubs (8oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls

1.  In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Remove from heat.  Add the tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and oregano.
2.  Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles, pinching seams together.  Place about 3 Tbsp. of meat mixture along one long side.  Cut each roll into three pieces.  Place seam down 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.



To make these more like pizza, I would add pepperoni!  I might take out the ground beef altogether.  I would add other pizza ingredients such as mushrooms, onions, or black olives.  If you want more of a cheeseburger taste, make this recipe as is.  I would also bake these for only about 12 minutes.  You don't want to burn the dough.  These still tasted really delicious and everyone really seemed to like them.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment