Sunday, April 1, 2012

Grilled Shrimp Salad with Hot Bacon Vinaigrette

Here is another great salad recipe!  This one sounds like the dressing would be gross but it is absolutely delicious!  My boyfriend really does not like to try new things sometimes but he tried this and loved it!  I will let the recipe speak for itself on this one and just encourage you to try it!

Grilled Shrimp Salad with Hot Bacon Vinaigrette

Yield: 4 servings

4 strips bacon, chopped
1/2 Cup prepared Italian or vinaigrette salad dressing
1/3 Cup Honey Dijon Mustard of Honey Mustard
2 Tbsp. water
8 Cups mixed salad greens
1 Cup diced yellow bell peppers
1 Cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 Cup pine nuts
1 lb. jumbo or extra large shrimp, shelled, with tails left on

1.  Cook bacon until crisp in medium skillet.  Whisk in salad dressing, mustard and water; keep warm over very low heat.
2.  Place salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes and pine nuts in large bowl; toss.  Arrange on salad plates.
3.  Cook shrimp in an electric grill pan or bar-b-que grill 3 minutes or until pink.  Arrange on salads, dividing evenly.  Serve with dressing.

I did a few things differently with this recipe.  I did not add the yellow peppers or pine nuts.  I did add walnuts though.  I did not have tomatoes in mine, but my boyfriend did.  I also used baby spinach for the salad aspect.  This dressing is amazing and I would make it and use it on other salads as well.  If you are not serving this to other people, you can take the tails off beforehand so they are not in the way later!  Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment