Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spinach Salad wih Bacon and Gorgonzola

We have been trying to eat a little more healthy, and, in an attempt to do so, I have been making a lot of salads.  I have recently found out that I really enjoy baby spinach!  I was sick of regular bagged lettuce and I feel that one cannot always eat romaine lettuce or a head of lettuce.  I made up this salad to try and it was awesome!  It was full of flavor and fun to make.  You can add whatever ingredients you want to add more or less flavor.  Each bite was a different taste that was quite enjoyable!

Spinach Salad with Bacon and Gorgonzola

1 package (10 oz) baby spinach or baby arugula (4 oz)
1 package (4 oz) Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
1/4 Cup walnuts, baked
Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing


1.  Cook bacon until crisp, crumble.
2.  Bake walnuts in a shallow dish for 10-12 minutes.
3.  Toss all ingredients together.

I used Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing on this salad and it complimented the taste of all the other ingredients.  The Gorgonzola added a zip to every bite! After you bake the walnuts, they still have a crunch but are a bit softer.  Add other of your favorite ingredients and Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment