Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spinach Artichoke Dip (Slow Cooker)

We had a food day at work for St. Patty's day and I needed to make a food that was green.  I decided to make a slow cooker appetizer for everyone to enjoy.  My boyfriend helped me out by finding this recipe to try!  It was amazingly delicious!  I doubled the recipe for the food day and almost the whole thing got eaten.  This dip is really cheesy and full of flavor.  Once you had a little bit, you just wanted to keep eating more and more!

Spinach Artichoke Dip (Slow Cooker)

  • 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts , Drained & Chopped
  • 1 lb frozen spinach, Thawed & Chopped (or 2 bunches of fresh spinach can be used)
  • 16 ounces cream cheese , Cubbed (2 - 8oz bricks)
  • 2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese , Cubed (1 small Cheese brick)
  • 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese , Cubed (1 small Cheese brick)
  • 3 garlic cloves , Minced (add more garlic depending on how much you like)
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (this can be adjusted to taste)

  1. Cube Cheese and add to Slow Cooker.
  2. Chop Artichoke Hearts and Spinach and add to Cheese.
  3. Place in a slow cooker on High setting.
  4. Add Garlic and Pepper.
  5. Heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
  6. Takes about 1-2 hours

     I put all the ingredients together before work and took them in the slow cooker.  When I got to work I just plugged the crock-pot in and let the ingredients simmer.  The women at work loved this!  I served this with chips and crackers depending on people's preference.  If you are looking for a quick crowd-pleaser, this is it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment