Saturday, May 12, 2012

Turtle Bars

I often make goodies for the men at my boyfriend's old job.  They truly enjoy anything I make them.  They were whining that "they needed baked goods or they were going to die!"  So I wanted to try something new for them!  I found this recipe and I immediately wanted to try it.  I really haven't met anyone who doesn't love chocolate turtles.

Turtle Bars

Yield: About 8 Dozen

2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1/2 Cup butter, softened
1 Cup pecan halves
   Topping:
2/3 Cup butter
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Cup (6oz) semisweet chocolate chips

1.  In a mixing bowl, beat flour, sugar and butter on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.  Press firmly into an ungreased 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan.  Arrange pecans over crust

2.  Combine butter and brown sugar in a heavy saucepan.  Bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Pour over pecans.

3.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly.  Sprinkle chocolate chips on top; let stand for 3 minutes.  Spread chocolate but allow some chops to remain whole.  Cool completely; cut into small squares.



Of course my boyfriend and I had to sample these squares before I gave them away.  We tried them while they were still warm and gooey.  They were delicious!  These were very simple to make!  These were also very good after they had cooled!  The guys at his old work loved them and were very happy to receive these goodies!    Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment