Monday, May 14, 2012

Penne and Smoked Sausage

My boyfriend and I are both hunters and my boyfriend got a deer last season.  Needless to say, we have a lot of venison in our freezer.  I am always looking for new recipes to use up the venison.  I found this recipe to use some of our sausage with!  I do have to admit that my boyfriend made this for us the other night so I won't have any changes that I made.  It was delicious though!

Penne and Smoked Sausage

Yield: 6 servings

2 Cups uncooked penne pasta
1 Lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1-1/2 Cups 2% milk
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1-1/2 Cups cheddar french fried onions, divided
1 Cup (4 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
1 Cup frozen peas

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat for 5 minutes; drain.  In a large bowl, combine milk and soup.  Stir in 1/2 Cup onions, 1/2 Cup cheese, peas and sausage.  Drain pasta; stir in sausage mixture.

2.  Transfer to a greased 9-in x 13-in baking dish.  Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.  Sprinkle with remaining onions and cheese.  Bake, uncovered, 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

Feel free to use whatever sausage you want and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment