Monday, May 14, 2012

Fruit Pizza

For my second book club meeting we decided to do different pizza's!  I decided I wanted to make a fruit dessert pizza!  My best friend's mom makes a delicious fruit pizza so I called her for her recipe.  Well she had a basic recipe that you could change however you wanted to. So, I will try the best I can to write down the recipe I did, because I improvised as I went.

Fruit Pizza

2 containers pre-made sugar cookie dough
1-2 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 small container (single serving) greek yogurt
powdered sugar as needed
milk as needed
assorted fresh fruits
lemon juice

1.  Preheat oven according to cookie dough instructions.
2.  Roll out cookie dough on greased 9-in x 13-in pan.  Try not to press it down firmly in the pan.
3.  Bake cookie dough 10-12 minutes or until cookie dough is lightly browned.
4.  Meanwhile mix cream cheese and yogurt until smooth.  Add powdered sugar and milk as needed until consistency is smooth but not runny.
5.  Spread cream cheese mixture over cookie dough.  Add fruit as desired
6.  Drizzle with chocolate or caramel.

(Place banana and apples in lemon juice to prevent from browning.)



My fruit pizza did not quite taste like my friend's mom.  Hers was a bit sweeter than mine. Instead of using greek yogurt, I think I would use plain yogurt next time.  I drizzled mine with caramel where she drizzled hers with chocolate.  Use whatever fruit you want with this recipe to meet individuals needs and have fun!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment