Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meatball Pizza Subs

My boyfriend really loves subs so when I saw this recipe I really wanted to try it.  We often don't have subs at home for dinner.  These pizza meatball subs were great!  They are full of flavor between the pepperoni, sauce, cheese and meatballs.  If you like subs and want to make them at home, I would try this recipe!

Meatball Pizza Subs

Yield: 4 servings

1-1/3 Cups Pizza Sauce
4 Submarine buns, split and toasted
1-1/3 Cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
20 Slices pepperoni
1 package (12 oz) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
Italian seasoning to taste

1.  Spread 1/3 cup pizza sauce on the bottom of each bun.  Top each with 1/3 cup cheese, five slices of pepperoni and three meatballs; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.   Replace tops.

2.  Wrap each sandwich in foil.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.

I really didn't measure with these sandwiches.  Just use as much sauce, pepperoni and cheese as you want!  I also used stuffed meatballs. They were sooo good.  The added flavor of these meatballs with the extra cheese was amazing!  I cut the meatballs in half and placed the flat side down to make the sandwiches stay together better and easier to eat.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment