Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Saucy Italian Roast

Next on the list of food to try was this recipe for a roast.  I have mixed feelings about roasts because sometimes they are too bland or too dry.  I saw this roast and thought that the ingredients looked pretty good.  I was going to have a "date" with my future sister-in-law and decided to make this!  This turned out really good!  The meat was very tender and there was a lot of flavor.  The sauce part was great once it coagulated some over the noodles!

Saucy Italian Roast

Yield: 8-10 Servings

1 boneless rump roast (3-3 1/2 lbs)
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1 jar (4 1/2 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 medium onion, diced
1 jar (14 oz) spaghetti sauce
1/4 to 1/2 Cup red wine or beef broth
Hot cooked pasta

Cut the roast in half.  Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper; rub over roast.  Place in a 5-qt slow cooker.  Top with mushrooms and onion.  Combine the spaghetti sauce and wine or broth; pour over meat and vegetables.  Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.  Slice roast; serve over pasta with pan juice.

I used beef broth for this recipe as I did not have any wine.  I thought there was plenty of flavor and as the sauce cooled over the noodles it became more delicious.  I will definitely make this recipe again.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment