Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Casserole

I decided to try this recipe after reading the delicious ingredients!  Even the name draws you in and entice the taste buds!  My boyfriend and I love all things potato so how could we not love loaded baked potato casserole?  Well we did!  The flavors are great in this recipe and they all come together to form an awesome quick and easy meal!  Also, this casserole is only 300 calories per serving! 

Loaded Baked Potato Casserole

Yield: 8 servings

1 bag (30 oz) extra-spicy and crispy potato wedges
2 Cups chopped cooked ham
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1 medium bell pepper, (any color), chopped (1 Cup)
1 Cup chopped green onions (about 16 medium)
1 jar (15 oz) cheese dip or process cheese sauce
1/2 Cup sour cream

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray 13x9-in (3 qt) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Arrange potato wedges in baking dish.  Bake uncovered 10-15 minutes or until thawed and beginning to brown.
Top potatoes with half each of the ham, bacon, bell pepper and onion.  Spread cheese dip on top.  Sprinkle with remaining ham, bacon and bell pepper.
Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until cheese dip is melted and potatoes are tender.  Top with dollops of sour cream and remaining onions.



I did change this recipe up.  I couldn't find extra spicy, extra crispy potato wedges.  I used extra crispy seasoned potato wedges instead.  If you want you can add whatever extra spices you like to the potatoes when you first cook them.  I also did not put the pepper or green onions in this recipe.  I did sprinkle about a 1/4-1/2 Cup of diced onion on top of the potatoes before the cheese sauce.  Before you add the sour cream to the top of the casserole try it without the sour cream first.  I love sour cream but this recipe is so flavorful I really thought that you didn't need it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment