Monday, June 13, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels

These are the best pinwheel appetizers.  They are so easy to make and they are a crowd-pleaser.  I first made them for a group of my college friends and they were a big hit.  I then made them for my family and they absolutely love them!!!  I recently made them for my boyfriends family and they too thought they were excellent.  So, if you want to please someone with a tasty and good-looking appetizer then i would make these!

Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels

Prep time: 30 min                       Bake time: 12-15 minutes

1 pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
8-9 slices of Bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 C. finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp. parsley
1 Tbsp. milk
2 Cans refrigerated crescent roles

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients except dough
Separate each can of dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations together to seal.  Spread each rectangle with 1/4 of cream cheese mixture leaving a little space at one end.  Roll the doll and seal the end down.  Cut the dough into 4-5 pinwheels and re-shape them if needed.  Place the pinwheel on a greased baking sheet. 
Bake 12-15 min.

When you make this recipe I would recommend using Philadelphia cream cheese, because other cream cheeses change the flavor a bit.  Make sure the cream cheese is softened and mix it up before you start, that just makes it easier to work with.  I would also recommend using regular crescents, not the Jumbo ones.  My mom used the jumbo crescents once and there was too much breading and they did not work out the same.  Have fun with this recipe and add extra bacon or Parmesan cheese.  Sometimes I also add an extra half a block of cream cheese to add more filling and also increase the bacon amount and milk amount.  You really cannot mess this recipe up so enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment