Monday, September 26, 2011

Velveeta Spicy Cheeseburger Dip

I made this dip for my mom's house warming party.  I put all the ingredients in the crock pot and left it plugged in on low the whole time!  People were able to go and get this delicious hot dip throughout the day and night!  Once people dipped into it they couldn't get enough of it!  I had a whole crock pot full (I quadrupled the recipe) and it was almost all gone! 

Velveeta Spicy Cheeseburger Dip

1 lb. Velveeta Pasteurized Cheese Product, cut into 1/2 cubes
1 can (10 oz) RO*TEL diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
1 Cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 lb. ground beef, cooked and drained
1/2 Cup sliced green onions

Microwave
Mix all ingredients except the onions in large microwaveable bowl.
Microwave on High 5 min. or until Velveeta is completely melted, stirring after 3 min.  Stir in onions.
Serve with assorted cut-up fresh vegetables.

 Stove
Mix all ingredients except onions in medium saucepan.  Cook on medium heat 5-7 minutes or until Velveeta is completely melted, stirring frequently.  Stir in onions.

Makes 4 1/2 Cups or 36 servings, 2 Tbsp. each.

Like i said, i made this in the crock pot.  I threw all the ingredients in and just kept stirring until the cheese was melted and it was hot.  I didn't add the green onions and there was nothing lacking because of it.  I also used Scoops tortilla chips and Hint of Pepperjack tortilla chips to dip with instead of veggies!  This dip was awesome and a crowd pleaser!  I will definitely make this again.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment