Saturday, September 17, 2011

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms

I made these mushrooms for a barb-b-que I went to.  These mushrooms were fun to make and absolutely delicious!  I did have to change the recipe to accommodate the amount of mushrooms i needed to make.  Everyone single one was eaten and the extra filling was used the next day on chips and more mushrooms!

Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms

Filling:
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 cup crabmeat
salt
pepper
minced garlic

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine filling, stuff the mushrooms and top with bread crumbs. Use a non-stick spray to help it brown. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until it’s hot and melted.








                                          This is what was left of them after the first round.
I used a white onion instead of green onion and i used dried parsley instead of fresh. I also used 2 packages of cream cheese to make enough filling...depending on how much you want to make, i would use 1 pkg. I also used artificial crabmeat, 1 pkg of it. I didn't put breadcrumbs on top but i would next time, I would also possibly put breadcrumbs into the cream cheese mixture.  I hope you enjoy these as much as we all did!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. these look awesome - imitation crab meat has a lot of gluten in it, so I'll be trying with the real deal and see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are very tasty! my friend made them and she added bread crumbs into the cream cheese and crab mixture and they were delicious that way too! im sure you could get gluten free bread crumbs!

    ReplyDelete