Monday, September 26, 2011

Quick Tater Tot Bake

My boyfriend loves tater tots (and so do I!  who doesn't?)!  I also tried out this new recipe because a guy he works with loves tater tots!  This was quick and easy and an awesome recipe for kids!  Its a hearty meal that you can add or change things about it.

Quick Tater Tot Bake
Prep: 10 minutes          Bake 30 minutes

3/4 to 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 small onion chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg. (16 oz) frozen Tater Tot potatoes
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2/3 Cup cold milk or water
1 Cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.  Season with salt and pepper. 
Transfer to a greased  2-qt baking dish.  Top with tater tots.  Combine soup and milk, pour over tater tots.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.  Yields 2-3 Servings.



I did a few things differently with this recipe. I added garlic powder to the ground beef which added some extra taste.  I also used cream of chicken soup because my boyfriends co-worker is deathly allergic to mushrooms.  I would make this again and try it with mushrooms!  (Someone make this with cream of mushroom soup and let me know how it is!)  I will definitely make this again and my boyfriend and his co-worker loved it for lunch the next day!  My boyfriend said it was even better a day old because the flavors condensed together.  This is also a recipe that you could divide and freeze half if you wanted to.  You could also add vegetables to it for a complete meal!  Lastly, you can double this and put it in a 9x13 inch pan.  Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment