Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls

I had a container of marshmallow creme I wanted to use up so I searched for desserts with it in it.  I like to make the guys at my boyfriends work things to eat once in a while.  I found this recipe and it sounded great and looked very quick and simple to make.  Plus I had most of the ingredients already!

Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls

  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
  • 1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
  • 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 4 teaspoons shortening
  1. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallow creme; add cereal and stir until well coated. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
  2. Roll cereal mixture into 1-in. balls; dip in chocolate. Place on a waxed paper-lined pan. Refrigerate until set. 
This recipe is very quick and fun to make.  If you have children this would be a great recipe to do with them.  Instead of dipping them in chocolate you could dip them in peanut butter sauce and drizzle with chocolate or dip them in chocolate and drizzle with peanut butter sauce.  You can also put any type of nut on the outside or drizzle with white chocolate.  There are many ways to decorate the peanut butter balls so have fun and get creative!  These are very delicious and everyone who tried them loved them!  I will definitely make these again! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment