Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chocolate Eclair Squares

Looking to hook a man?  This is the first dessert I ever made for my boyfriend and we are still together!  It is easy to make and absolutely delicious.  It really tastes just like an eclair!  These squares are cool and light and the perfect way to end any meal.  

Chocolate Eclair Squares

2 Cups cold milk, divided
1 pkg. (4 serving size) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
22 Graham crackers
4 Squares Bakers's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar

Pour 1 3/4 Cups of the mile into a large bowl.  Add dry pudding mix.  Beat with wire whisk 2 min.  Gently stir in Cool Whip.  Layer 1/3 of the grahams and half of the cool whip mixture in a 13X9-inch pan, breaking grahams as necessary to fit.  Repeat layers.  Top with remaining grahams.

Microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwaveable bowl on High 1 1/2 min, stirring after 1 minute.  Stir chocolate until completely melted and smooth.  Add powered sugar and remaining 1/4 Cup of milk.  Stir until well blended.  Immediately spread over grahams. 

Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.  Store any leftovers in the fridge. 

Makes 24 servings, 1 square each.

This recipe is great just the way it is!  The first time I made it I barely let it sit 4 hours.  It did set but the graham crackers were still a bit crunchy.  My boyfriend prefers it with a bit of crunch, whereas if you let it sit longer, the graham crackers will be soft.  Both ways are equally delicious in my opinion!  I have often thought it would be fun to try different types of pudding flavors instead of vanilla though.  I love pistachio pudding so when I make this again I think I will use pistachio.  Also, for chocolate lovers, you could use chocolate pudding.  Have fun with this recipe and I promise, anyone who tries this will instantly love it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment