Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Meatballs Sausage Dinner

We love all things meat in our family!  So any recipe that involves sausage and meatballs is a winner.  This was a new recipe for me to try.  Although the ingredients are a bit different it was well worth the try!

Meatballs Sausage Dinner

Yield: 6-8 Servings

3 Cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
2 Medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 Medium carrots, sliced
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 lb smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 can (14 1/2oz) beef broth
Lemon-pepper seasoning to taste

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
Transfer to a greased 13-in X 9-in baking pan.
Sprinkle with sausage.
Shape the beef into 1-in balls; arrange over top.
Pour broth over the casserole. 
Sprinkle with lemon-pepper.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until meatballs are no longer pink.

I did a few things differently with this recipe.  Instead of making the meatballs, I used pre-cooked meatballs.  I already had them in my freezer and this saved time for me.  The recipe was still great with them!  I didn't use lemon-pepper but seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  I also had to adjust the cooking time so that the potatoes were done.  I ended up cooking this longer then expected.  Overall this was a great dish that we really enjoyed!  It was quick and easy, perfect for a night you don't want to spend all night cooking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment