Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Teriyaki Steak Dinner

This is another recipe out of my 300 calorie cookbook.  We love steak and I really enjoy teriyaki but have never thought to combine the two.  This recipe was simple to make without using the stove!  Less heat in my kitchen is always a good thing during the summer!

Teriyaki Steak Dinner

Yield: 4 Servings

1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1 Medium bell pepper (any color)  coarsely chopped (1 Cup)
1 1/2 Cups sliced fresh mushrooms (about 5 oz)
4 boneless beef strips steaks, about 3/4 inch thick (6 oz each)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
1/4 Cup teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12 oz bottle)
2 Tbsp. water

In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.  Cook bell pepper in better 2 minutes, stirring frequently.  Stir in mushrooms. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender.  Remove vegetable mixture from skillet; cover to keep warm.
Sprinkle beef steaks with garlic salt and pepper.  In same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, turning once or twice, until desired donness
Return vegetables to skillet.  Stir teriyaki glaze and water in vegetables and spoon over steaks.  Cook about 1 minute, stirring vegetables occasionally, until thoroughly heated.

I did a few things differently.  I used venison steaks instead of beef steaks.  We really enjoy venison and it's free for us!  I also did not use bell peppers as we both do not like them.  I just did mushrooms and did more than what the recipe called for. I cooked the steaks until they were about medium to medium rare and added a bit more garlic powder as I cooked them.  I also did not add the water to the teriyaki sauce.  It turned out great!  They were sweet and tangy!  I would definitely make this recipe again and add more vegetables or do chicken.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This was excellent! Thanks for this recipe. We also used venison steak.
    Deb Cheyne

    ReplyDelete